Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summer moon

The summer skies have been glorious at dusk lately, 
and I love the way they make my moon mobile swing and glow.


Three months from now, I'll look back on these languorous days that linger into night 
and remember the sounds of cicadas humming in the trees, the breezes over tall grass, 
the redemption of salty, bare-skin sweat. And I'll miss it all terribly. I so love August.

"Summertime, and the livin' is easy...fish are jumpin...and the cotton is high..."

Fix yourself a tall, cool drink, then click here  
and listen to Ella Fitzgerald and Satchmo sing it 
in this lush, languid orchestration.

5 comments:

Wolfie said...

As much as summer is on the way out, I am really looking forward to Fall. I love the colours and the cooler temps.

KIM said...

I think the horses like the fall better, too!

Unknown said...

I love the summer until it hits 100+. Then I run inside. :)

Wolfie said...

Haven't heard from you in a while. Hope everything is well with you.

KIM said...

Thanks for checking in, Wolfie. I haven't been home much latley, and I've neglected the blog. Your comment shook me out of that. Thank you. I appreciate your concern!